EST ENG FIN


Captain Kips and his crew on the steamer Minsk in 1920


In the yard of Rävandi in 1930


Rävandi summerhouse 

Mändjala Cottage is located on the site of the old Rävandi summerhouse. The farmhouse was established by Friedrich Kips, the captain of a Danish steamer who lived in Riga in 1905. When he retired, he settled in Mändjala, in

the farmhouse which was then called Rävandi. He raised his children here, built several boats and went to sea in them.


The farm buildings established by captain Kips and other buildings of the Mändjala Cottage got their names from their previous use – main house, storehouse, boat shed, sauna house, barn and small house.



Contemporary and cosy

 

Today Mändjala Cottage is a trendy renovated complex. A contemporary and comfortable environment has been created for the guests that also respects traditional Estonian  farmhouse architecture. Among the equipment in the buildings are kitchen, digital TV, Wifi, shower and WC. Here you can find everything necessary for a good holiday – from the bed linen and kitchen utensils to barbecue sites and picnic tables.

 

 

Please see other stories about Saaremaa

 

http://www.saaremaa.ee/